Many of the functions in the File menu act the same as clicking the equivalent button in the toolbar of the Reports Explorer. For example, the Edit function in the menu is the same as the Edit button in the toolbar.
The following functions appear in the File menu:
- New Report: this function creates a new report. The shortcut key for this function is Ctrl+N.
- New Folder: this function creates a new folder.
- Copy: copies the selected report.
- Edit: edits the selected report. The shortcut key for this function is Ctrl+E.
- Rename: allows you to rename the selected report or folder. A box appears around the report or folder name and you can type a new name. Press Enter to save the new name or Esc to cancel any changes. The shortcut key for this function is F2, the same shortcut key used in Windows Explorer to rename a file.
- Delete: deletes the selected report or folder.
- Open Database: allows you to select the database to run reports for. This function is only available if you have more than one database available.
- Refresh Reports List: if someone else on your network adds, renames, or removes a report, that change won't appear in your list until the next time you run Stonefield Query. To update your list immediately without having to exit and restart, select this function. The shortcut key for this function is F5, the same shortcut key used in Windows Explorer to refresh its list.
- Import Reports: this function allows you to import a report someone else created to your list of reports.
- Export Selected Report: this function allows you to export a report so you can send it to someone else.
- Export Reports: use this function to export some or all reports at once.
- Preview: previews the selected report on the screen.
- Print: prints the selected report. The shortcut key for this function is Ctrl+P.
- Print Setup: displays the Printer dialog, from which you can select the desired printer to send reports to.
- Exit: exits Stonefield Query.