Reporting for Microsoft Visual FoxPro
Stonefield Query SDK
| Stonefield Query is a true end-user query and report writing tool. Unlike generic report writers, Stonefield
Query can be customized specifically for your own database. With its user-friendly design, Stonefield Query
makes report writing a snap for even the most inexperienced user.
Elegant and persuasive reports are easy to create with a simple point and click that converts your data into easy-to-read reports. The Stonefield Query SDK allows you to create a version of Stonefield Query for any database.
Simply use Stonefield Query Studio, which comes with the SDK, to create the data dictionary, configuration, and script files for your database, whether it's Visual FoxPro, SQL Server, Oracle, Access, DB2, MySQL, dBase or any other ODBC or OLE DB-compliant database. Then deploy it to your users and let them start creating the ad-hoc reports they need in just six easy steps.
|Make it Your Own
You can “private label” your Stonefield Query project so it's more closely associated with your company. You
can change the name of the application to anything you wish, specify what logo appears, what email, Web site, and fax number to use for support, etc. You can even create a customized help file so the documentation is consistent with the application.
Flexible Data Access
Stonefield Query supports accessing data any way you need it to. ODBC, OLE DB, Web Service, SQLXML, and native Visual FoxPro access are built in. However, you can also script your own data access to allow querying against non-traditional data stores such as APIs or even flat text files.
Stonefield Query supports joins across different data sources. For example, an accounting system’s data might be stored in SQL Server but you want to link accounting data with customer relationship data stored in Oracle. All you have to do is define how the SQL Server and Oracle tables are related, and Stonefield Query will take care of the rest! The user doesn't have to know the data is stored in different systems; they just know they can
select fields from the Accounts Receivable Customer table and the Contact History table and include information from both in the same report.
Stonefield Query Features
Stonefield Query is what gets deployed to end-users and customers. It’s the tool they use to create and run reports.
These features make it easy for even the most novice user to create and run reports.
• Allows user to control font, color, alignment, heading, and column width for each field with a mouse click.
• Allows user to group and sort on any field with a mouse click.
• Automatically adjusts a field’s column width to match the widest amount of data in the column. No time
lost adjusting and aligning fields.
• Choose from four different report types: Quick Reports (row and column layout), Cross-Tabulation Reports
(like pivot tables, for analysis), Charts/Graphs (pie, bar, etc.) and Labels (mailing, barcode, etc).
• Report Templates: Choose from one of the supplied templates or use the Template Editor to build your own.
• Live Links: This allows you to create reports that drill down to other reports (for example, clicking on a
customer name to show the sales for that customer) or automatically bring up someone's email address in
your email program or Web site in your browser.
• Report Sample: See a snapshot of what the report looked like the last time you ran it.
• Report Scheduler: Automate reports that need to go out on a regular basis.
• Report Preview: See what the report will look like at each step of the report building process. There's no
need to save and exit before viewing.
• Role-based Security: Control access to a single report, group of reports, and/or specific modules by assigning
users to groups. This allows you to restrict access to sensitive data.
• Create an unlimited number of reports.
• Favorites: Save frequently used reports into your user-specific Favorites folder for quick access.
• Output Options: Stonefield Query supports output to comma-delimited (CSV), Image Formats (.bmp, .gif,
.jpeg, .png, .tiff), Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word®, Open Office Calc & Writer, PDF, Rich Text Format
(RTF), DBF, Text, HTML, XML, and XPS.
• Email Reports: Use a SMTP or MAPI email client to quickly email reports through Stonefield Query.
• Label Wizard: Select any data in your system and choose from 87 different Avery label formats.
• Advanced Report Designer: Customize the report layout beyond the report wizard settings using the Advanced
Report Designer. The Advanced Report Designer allows you to lay out the report exactly as you want,
including company logos, lines, boxes, etc.
Stonefield Query: The Next Generation of Reporting 17th European Visual FoxPro DevCon 2010
© 2010 Doug Hennig (Group REPO) V-STON • 5
• Stonefield Query automatically generates a SQL Select statement for the report once fields have been selected.
Advanced users have the option to customize the select statement if needed.
• Includes a detailed help file. Available online and in PDF format. Topics include Tutorials, Using Stonefield
Query, Menu Functions, How To, and Frequently Asked Questions.
Follow us on